Photobucket
Latest News

Seth's Supporters Rocked the Walk!

Sunday, April 26, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 8:51 PM

Seth and his teacher, Mrs. Simmons

Yesterday we participated in the March of Dimes walk for the fifth year with our family team, Seth's Supporters. Seth was born in August 2000, 7 weeks early, suffering from IUGR, and was extremely small at 2 lbs. 10 oz. He dropped to 1 lb 14 oz. within the first couple of weeks of his life, and went through various trials and tribulations during his four month hospital stay. These past eight years of Seth's life have been filled with blessings, as well as trials, but I am so thankful for his life!

My MIL, SIL, and Cousin-in-Law

My Mom, MIL, her sister, my kiddos, & niece

Our team was very honored to receive 9th place overall out of all of the teams in the Arbuckle Division (which includes a good portion of the South-Central Oklahoma region) by raising $3280.00! Now compared to large corporate teams such as Mercy Hospital, and our local Michelin tire plant that raised between $15,000-20,000, ours was small potatoes! But hey, our team basically consists of myself, my Mom, my Mother-in-Law, and we rely on the help of our extended family members, and friends. So to be in the top 10 category with these other outstanding "teams" (that generally have at least 100-200 members) really rocks!

My Grandma, and Mika

Myself, and Judah

The walk itself was enjoyable, and the music, food, and fun that went along with the experience were memorable as well. I am so thrilled to participate in March of Dimes, and I look forward to doing so for many years to come!

Judah

Also, I would like to give an extra big puffy heart thanks to ShaRhonda, Braden, Kaybrie, Aunt Pat, Grandma, Papa, and Tonya to traveling to be with us!! You guys are awesome and mean so much to our team.

Nephew Braden, Niece Jadyn, and Seth bustin' a move!

Currently have 5 comments:

  1. What a great gathering of support! Love the pictures :)

  1. Yay for our team. I'll get pics posted ASAP!

  1. Way to go Team Seth. Good to see everyone in pictures.

  1. Dawn says:

    Way to go!!! That was a HUGE amount of money for your team to raise.

    I'm trying to raise money for our autism walk. I'll be happy if we reach $500!!

  1. Megan says:

    That looks like fun! WOW, good job...that is awesome to be ranked up there with the big wigs! Really great!