Photobucket
Latest News

Some Inspiration from Beth Moore (and Travis Cottrell)

Saturday, February 14, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 1:06 PM

Some of you probably know that I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a Beth Moore Conference with my Sister last weekend. We had a great weekend, enjoyed a little shopping, some great restaurants, a movie, and most definitely the conference! Beth Moore is such a phenomenal Christian woman, and speaker, and she really lays it all out there, allowing God to use her in such an awesome way!

Everything that Beth had to say at the conference is so valid in my life! But something that really hit home for me was the fact that many times we give "people" power that only God should have. We look to mere human beings to make us feel good, instead of looking at our Father for the validation we are seeking. These people are just as broken as we are! It can seem so silly to depend on other people, such as our friends, family, or even spouses to give us the self-esteem and confidence we are seeking, but you know what, it happens everyday for many of us. Even when we don't mean to put so much stock in a person, it can happen.

I find myself feeling letdown and depressed, when I look to people for my happiness. So my goal is to daily seek Christ in everything I do, so that I honor him, and praise him in every situation. Also at this conference we got to rock with Travis Cottrell, and his great praise band. Every song they led us in, was a beautiful anthem to God! It had been awhile since I had truly participated in "praise and worship" to my Lord, and this was just the time and place.

I just want to leave you with this:

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Hebrews 10:23-25 NIV

Currently have 3 comments:

  1. Great post! I am loving Beth Moore's study on Esther!

  1. Happy Valentines Day!

    Check out my first birthday bash at Custom Blog Designs. There will be a blog makeover giveaway, blogging tips, and fun!

  1. Dawn says:

    I love seeing Beth live. She just is incredible.

    I'm in her Esther study now and lovin' in it.

    I'm glad you got to go and have a fun time with your sister. :)