Photobucket
Latest News

Yummie Tummie Review

Saturday, January 3, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 7:00 PM

I was fortunate enough to win a gift certificate to Yummie Tummie last month at the Classy Closet Twitter Party. I picked out the basic tank in white, (for versatility) and received it this past week! I was really excited to try out this Tummy shaping tank that even Oprah herself has raved about. Here is a quote from the Yummie Tummie website:

The Yummie Tummie Tank comfortably smoothes away unsightly lumps and bumps, while adding style to your wardrobe!
An everyday layering basic, your most essential Tank now comes with a one-of-a-kind design that slims and smoothes your middle!


I have worn my tank underneath a few different types of shirts and noticed the difference for myself immediately. Under a form fitting tee, my stomach, and love-handles were smoother, and not as noticeable as they are without the Yummie Tummie. Next, I tried wearing the tank underneath a sweater, and noticed that the sweater didn't cling to the shape of my "muffin-top" area as it had before. And with a swing top, I tucked the Yummie Tummie tank in underneath the top, and felt more covered and protected, and looked slightly slimmer. Overall I don't believe that people would look at me and think that I had lost a lot of weight, or anything like that, but I do believe that it polishes off my look, and makes my mid-section appear a little more whittled. The Yummie Tummie Tank is not a miracle worker by any means, but it is a Mom's helper, in my humble opinion.

The cost is a little pricey for the Yummie Tummie, starting at $62.00 for the basic tank. I personally couldn't have convinced my hubby to let me purchase this if I hadn't won it, to be perfectly honest. This price could deter some possible buyers from making this purchase, but it might not affect others. I only found one downside to this great tank, when wearing it untucked, it occasionally rode up and I had to yank it back down in place. This was easily solved by adjusting, or tucking it into my pants/jeans.

I would highly recommend this Slimming tank top to any woman who wants to smooth out her mid-section, and reduce the "muffin-top" we all despise. I would say that the tank is worth the money you pay for it, especially if the results are "priceless."

Currently have 4 comments:

  1. i am so gonna start savin' for one of those things!! never heard of it!!!:) i love all the unique things you post on your blog...keep the good stuff comin' friend!!!:)

  1. Liz says:

    Thanks Larissa! I will try....

  1. Megan says:

    Never heard of that, but that would be so awesome! I don't think I will pay that price, but if I ever get desperate of a flatter looking mid-section I will remember this!

  1. Oh my gosh - I wear tanks under EVERYTHING!! Mostly in case I need to nurse AJ in public (shows so much less skin that way) but also because of the love handles issue.

    This looks YUM-O!! What fun to get to try for FREE!!!

    (Yeah, it's way out of my price range. Most of my tanks are from WalMart - but none of them slim and shape!)