Photobucket
Latest News

The Queen of Spain is Starting it Right

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 , Posted by Liz at 6:10 PM

As many of you know, my hubby Jason is a pastor of a small (and I do mean tiny) rural church, and he also works for his Dad pumping oil wells to help make ends meet. With a family of six, finances are especially tight right now. So, I have been pouting and feeling sorry for myself because we can't really afford for me to go to BlissDom in February. (For those of you who don't know about this, BlissDom is an awesome Conference for Bloggers to attend in Nashville.)

Well, I had heard through various posts about the BlogHer conference that is going on in Chicago during the summer of 2009, which is also a blogging get-together that looks very enlightening, as well as educational. This also sounded quite interesting, but I just thought all hope was gone for me to be able to attend that conference because of finances as well. But low and behold, while perusing through some top-notch online reading material, I found Erin's blog, The Queen of Spain and read that she is generously offering to pay for one bloggers registration to attend BlogHer! As any of my readers know, I am pretty new to the blogosphere, and I am quickly finding that I LOVE blogging, and reading other blogs in copious amounts. I am working on finding my own little niche on the World Wide Web, and I could definitely use the help and guidance I would receive at BlogHer. I would be extremely grateful to Erin at The Queen of Spain, if she chose me to win this wonderful "prize."

Now, as for empowering and encouraging women, I plan to continue (more vigilantly) my other blog that I originally started for our church, by beginning a daily devotion/bible study geared towards women and moms in particular. I believe that this could be used to reach women everywhere, not just in my church and community, but in other areas as well. Women need all the boosts and bites of God's word they can get, in my opinion anyway. So going to BlogHer could help me learn how to better write not only my personal blog, but my Womens Daily Devo Blog also.

Currently have 3 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh, I've so been pouting about not getting to go to BlissDom OR BlogHer. I mean, I'm used to not going to BlogHer, but BlissDom is so new and looks to be SO much fun.

    Good luck, Liz! I hope you win!!

  1. Hey SIL- Hope you win, let me know & maybe I can go w/ you!

  1. Liz says:

    I hope you win...that would be awesome! Good luck
    liz