Photobucket
Latest News

Mom Hair

Saturday, January 17, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 10:43 AM

If you had told me four years ago that I would have "short" hair. I never would have believed you. I would have said, "huh-uh, scissors aren't touching this head of hair!" I always used to look at my hair as a sort of positive attribute of my physicality. I thought that keeping my hair long would somehow keep me in a special "club" of sorts. Weird, I know, but I hope I'm not alone in saying this, women are constantly looking for something to "hold" on to that keeps them different (in a good way.)

I always felt that my mid-back length hair gave me a one-up of sorts, and no matter if my "skinny" jeans didn't quite fit, or if I had a zit, at least I could always fall back on that loooong hair. Well, enough analyzing the psychology of hair and what it means to me.

I now have significantly shorter hair, after getting the Victoria Beckham cut last year. (I guess I thought the hair cut would make me weigh 105 pounds like Posh.) I regularly wish for long hair again, and secretly vow to myself to NEVER cut it again, but I know that's a lie. I have transitioned to the Mom hair phase, and I will embrace it, no matter how difficult it feels.

Currently have 3 comments:

  1. Megan says:

    You are beautiful no matter what! You have great hair, so I know you have no worries!!! : ) I like the picture!!!

  1. Alyssa says:

    Thanks for participating in my VLOG carnival.

  1. Unknown says:

    i just cut my hair, too! and i'm not even a mom! i totally know what you mean about considering yourself a "long-hair" person as part of your personality. of course you still look beautiful, though.