Photobucket
Latest News

We Are Family...

Saturday, December 6, 2008 , Posted by Liz at 6:03 PM



Today was the annual Spradlin Family Reunion. This is where my maternal Grandfather, his siblings, (he has 2 brothers, and 3 sisters, 2 of which have passed away) and all of their offspring join together to eat, talk, and play dirty santa! We always have a great time, and I especially enjoy watching all of the children play together, while the rest of us catch up on what has been going on for the past year. Sometimes things get a little "serious" during dirty santa and it always ends up being hilarious to watch as well as to participate. I am really thankful for all of my family, even though we can't see each other all of the time, it is a reminder of how blessed we are to have one another.



This year I was reminded of how my Grandpa isn't getting any younger and since he is affected by Alzheimer's it seems to makes it more painful to observe. I know that none of us is promised tomorrow, so we should enjoy the time we have with one another while we can!



By the way my "Papa" (as I call him, or Papa Pete as my children call him) is the one in the OU shirt.

Currently have 3 comments:

  1. Aw, how fun! Now, what is Jason's deal about Dirty Santa? I really want to do it, and your family has proven, it can be done...

  1. Liz says:

    He didn't participate, he was at his football practice! I don't really know what his deal is with it though!

  1. I know it's an older post, but I enjoyed seeing all the pics of the family that I miss and especially of my Dad and his brothers and Aunt Mary (whom I haven't seen in forever!). Thanks for posting them