Photobucket
Latest News

Exciting News!

Thursday, December 11, 2008 , Posted by Liz at 9:41 PM

I guess I got your attention now, but you will probably be disappointed when you find out what my title is actually referring to. Our little rinky-dink town got a NEW movie theater with stadium seating, and lots of cool concession snacks, and even eight screens. (WOW) Now those of you who live in metropolitan cities where you have multiple megaplex cinemas will not understand my excitement. But if you happen to be from a *small* town, then you can appreciate this news. Whenever a new store, or restaurant comes to our community, it is a major deal. The people of this town will come out of the woodwork to be the first to eat at Whataburger, or go to the Dollar Tree! Now you kind of get the picture, hopefully. Tomorrow night Jason and I are planning on going to the premiere opening of this great wonderful Carmike 8 Theater in honor of our anniversary. So I'll shut up now, and quit boring everyone!

Currently have 5 comments:

  1. Megan says:

    That's sp funny! My sister lives in a similar town, so I understand what you mean. She comes and visits me on weekends to grocery shop at Wal Mart and Costco. Funny!! Enjoy the show.

  1. Yes, this is a big deal...I to cannot wait to come "home" and go to the movies....

  1. Wow! Congrats on your new movie theatre! That's a big deal in a small town..now you can watch movies in "style." :-)

  1. Julie says:

    Oh, I fully understand the small town excitement. We finally got a big Krogers store last year and it was huge. Which probably explains the little grocery store closing as I posted on my blog. Anyway, enjoy your anniversary!

  1. Liz says:

    I don't live in a small town and I still get excited about new stuff! I guess it's all relative.. I hope you have a great time on your date night..My hubby and I are going out tonight to go Christmas shopping..that's our big date night for the month...Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Anniversary.
    Liz