Photobucket
Latest News

Girls Weekend Getaway!

Friday, January 23, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 6:01 PM

Well, you have all heard me whine, and pout, about BlissDom 2009, and how I really wanted to go to this awesome blogging conference,( even as a "new" blogger! ) Well, after a conversation with my sister last weekend, and by way of a few small "miracles" I am now going on a "girls weekend getaway." (Sorry Becky I just added that part, it made it sound more interesting!) Nope, I'm not going to BlissDom, I am actually going to go visit my sister in El Paso and attend a Beth Moore Conference with her! One other detail about this trip is that it will be one of the first times I have gone somewhere by "myself" in a looooooong time, maybe like, eleven years.

So this conference falls on the same weekend as BlissDom, and of course hubby is much more happy to shell out some moola for Beth Moore, than "some blog thing". So that is the story of my exciting news. I will fly out all alone (YAY) on Friday, and come home Sunday afternoon.

Now I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression here, I will miss my children dearly, and I have already had frightful thoughts about leaving them for that long (yes I know 2 days doesn't seem long) but I trust God to protect them, and I know this time will be good for Jason to spend with the kids. Plus I hope for some spiritual renewal during this time for myself, which in turn can help me to be the best Mother I can be.

So be prepared, when you are hearing all sorts of stories about BlissDom, and viewing all sorts of fun and cute pictures, you can come to my blog instead, and read about my "girls weekend getaway!"

Currently have 5 comments:

  1. Megan says:

    Yey, have lots of fun!
    Your letter is R. Hope that's a fun one!! I can't wait to see your answers!

  1. Yay for you! I'm taking her Esther study this semester at church!

  1. Unknown says:

    Now thats exciting! Sometimes we as mothers need a small break like this-I know I always come home feeling like a better wife,mom,friend,person-so renewed

    Have fun!

  1. Dawn says:

    I love seeing Beth Moore live. She is just incredible.

    I'm take Esther right now too. I love it!

    YOu have fun on that well deserved trip! :)

  1. Laurie says:

    I want to go to BlissDom too, but thinking about the drive from TX to TN kind of makes my head hurt. I hope you have a fun girl's weekend :)

    Laurie