Photobucket
Latest News

For the Love of the Game

Thursday, January 29, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 12:28 AM

So tell me, what do you do with one Mom, one Dad, and four kiddos, when you are all at home for two "ice" days? Well, stick around and I will tell you. We have actually had pretty good days, with some housework getting done, some reading, some playing, and I'm not gonna lie, t.v. watching!

But the highlight of our "mini-break" was Tuesday night when we held our very own "family game night" with the Wii. Jason and I played against Tristan and Seth a serious game of bowling, and the boys beat us, so Jason demanded a rematch. Of course we won the rematch, (you never beat Jason more than once)! During our bowling tourny, Mika and Judah just basically watched us, and every so often almost got knocked in the head by a wild bowling swing. But Mika realized she was getting jipped (by not getting to play) somehow, and wanted to play a game on the Wii with Daddy after we finished up bowling.

Daddy obliged, and we all got to watch the two of them play baseball for what seemed like an eternity. I guess that's what happens when a three year old is trying to play "sports" games on a Wii! But it was so cute, I had to capture the moment, and share.

But overall, I really enjoyed our "ice days" and I am really trying hard, every single day to cherish the moments I have with all four of my children, at their different ages, because one day I will wake up and they will be grown.....

Currently have 5 comments:

  1. Great story. Mika will be beating those boys before we know it!

  1. Unknown says:

    all I did was sleep!! maybe we should of had a game night!

  1. Julie says:

    It's those days when you CAN'T go anywhere when you just enjoy one another. How can anyone say that they got bored!!
    Julie@KingdomKlipper

  1. Jason says:

    enjoy every moment, you only get each moment once

  1. Megan says:

    How fun. I love game nights with my kids, of course ours is more like, Old Maid and Candyland...but still fun. : )