Photobucket
Latest News

Menu plan thanks to Naturally Thin & Bethenny Frankel

Monday, March 30, 2009 , Posted by Liz at 11:00 AM

I succumbed to my desires, and purchased the book Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel, who is one of the witty Real Housewives of NYC on the Bravo series. She is by far my favorite lady on the NYC series, (which is strange, considering I would have the very least in common with her) and when I heard about her book that contains recipes, menus, and plain old-fashioned tips on "freeing yourself from a lifetime of dieting" I just couldn't resist. Being a former "skinny girl" myself, I am on a track to find out a-how to get skinny again, and b-why I became overweight in the first place. So, this week our menu will be guided by my favorite reality housewife from NYC (Bethenny) and I hope to see some results, while still satisfying my ever-hungry palate!

Monday-Mexican Chili, with sides of baked tortilla chips, and reduced fat cheese
Tuesday-Goat Cheese/Sundried Tomato Chicken Breasts, asparagus, salad, and zucchini
Wednesday-Classic Bolognese Lasagna, light garlic toast, salad
Thursday-Comfort Turkey Meatloaf, healthy mashed cauliflower, whole grain rolls
Friday-Shrimp Scampi, Cous Cous, green beans
Saturday-Spinach Cannelloni, salad
Sunday-Leftovers

Wish me luck, cause my hubby might kill me after I make all of this "girly" food this week!

Currently have 8 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    I watch that show here and there and I would have to say she's probably my favorite person on there besides the red head. Can't remember her name. That Goat cheese & Sun dried tomato chicken breast sounds delicious.

  1. Megan says:

    I was going to put my Monday Menu on my blog, but now that I see how great and delicious yours sounds, mine would be embarrassing! You must be an awesome cook!!! Man...can i get your recipes? How hard are all of those to cook? I better not let my hubby see how great your dinners are! What is Turkey Meatloaf? I want to try that!

  1. Liz says:

    sounds yummy...I've recently started menu planning for a week...it's been so refreshing

  1. Rebecca says:

    Wish I lived closer to you, I would invite myself over for dinner. The mashed cauliflower actually sounds good, let me know how it turns out.

  1. I've got some food coming your way, check my site!
    http://reviews.momspective.com/

  1. Just think of a more "manly" name for it. Then he'll be bragging to his friends.

  1. Dawn says:

    Those sounds wonderful!!!

    I'll be watching to see what you think of them. =)

  1. Jason says:

    so far not that bad, I haven't starved. I think "kill" is a strong word. Maybe gripe, complain. I want to know when I can get in on this menu planning though. I liked to plan a week of beef! Steak, burgers, repeat......!
    Love you Lizzy.
    She is a great cook. Almost 10 years and she's put 100lbs of weight on me! I guess we could use the healthy eating.